1. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

ClericGuy

Default Re: How does not allowing multiclassing and/or feats impact the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spastic View Post
    The answer is you don't and you aren't supposed to.
    Hold on there mate. You were the one making the claim that your refusal to allow MCing doesnt limit creativity and options.

Yet here you are, expressly admitting it does limit creativity and options, and conceeding this concept cant be made in your games, and apparently Im not supposed to make a Knight of the Mystic Fire, despite them being around in the game for decades.

You could create a character that is new and unique with an interesting personality and backstory.
    The Stormwind fallacy? Really?

Is there any reason a Knight of the Mystic Fire cant also have an interesting personality and backstory?

Heck, I posted above a Half Drow Darkmoon Knight, devoted to Elistraee and seeking to unite the Promenade of the Dark Maiden in Underdark with the surface temple to the Drow Goddess in Waterdeep, who is also the Half elven son of Vicona De'Vir (of Baldurs Gate fame, who adventured with both the Bhaalspawn and Drizzt). He's the last remaining male of house De'vir (the house wiped out by house DoUrden on Drizzts birthday). He was born in Neverwinter to a Drow mother, and Mintarn Human (a mercenary) father, and has been exploring ruins of ancient Illefarn his whole life. He follows Elistraee (as does his mother, after turning her back on Shar and Lolth berore that).

Is that not enough of an intresting personality and backstory for you?

Hes a Multiclassed Ancients Paladin and Hexblade (Elistraee is his patron) who was gifted a Magical sword by the Dark dancer, and the grace to wield it (Hex warrior). He's training in the arts of music, dance, song and swordplay (About to MC as a Swords Bard) as a Bladedancer.

Backstory and character dont live seperate from choice of class (or multiclassing); they inform it. In this PCs case, I felt ([Ancients] Paladin/ Hexblade/ Swords Bard/ Divine Soul Sorcerer) best fit the fluff/ theme/ mechanics of the character I was trying to represent

My players and I run what works for us and you can stop being such an a**hold because we don't use an optional rule.
    Im not being an *******, and there is no need for that kind of abuse. You stated something as fact (denying multi-classing doesnt limit character options). I'm highlighting the falseness of that statement (if it wasnt already self evident from the statement).

If it works for you (and your table), then great. I already said just that above. But dont make a claim (it doesnt limit options) that you cant back up (because you've now had to admit that it does limit options).

Also, now that I've thought about it, if you wanted to make and Arcane/Divine warrior, Hexblade is just about what you want so you could make it work with some refluffing.
    With sufficient re-fluffing you could possibly make that work to some small degree. My current Paladin has levels of Hexblade (fluffed as the Dark Dancer) Blade lock (Moonsword) to fill the 'Dark elven woman of the moon, gifts young man a great sword of silver' cliche.

It doesnt work anywhere near as good at matching the fluff as a Paladin/ Divine Soul does though (an Arcane/ Divine Paladin), so it limits options. There are not only fluff things that shutting down MCing does, but intresting mechanical things as well.

Again; before you hurl abuse anymore, if it works for your games go nuts. Just dont make the claim it doesnt limit options, when it (self evidently, by very definition) does limit options.
    Last edited by Malifice; 2018-12-17 at 03:14 AM.