1. - Top - End - #533
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Would You Be My New Best Friends? (Doctor Who redux)

My ranking. Keep in mind the only one I thought was actually bad was Arachnids in the UK.

1. It Takes You Away - Cemented Jodie's Doctor in my eyes.
    2. Rosa - A one episode primer for what sets Doctor Who apart from all other sci-fi.
    3. Demons of the Punjab - Mature themes, great history, and Yaz actually doing things!
    4. The Witchfinders - Can... can we get more Alan Comming [sic] in literally everything?
    5. The Woman Who Fell to Earth - Automatic top 5 for the inaugural outing.
    6. The Tsuranga Conundrum - The Pting is awesome, fight me.
    7. Kerblam! - Fantastic setup, but did not stick the landing at all.
    8. The Battle of Wherever - Stop trying to make the Stenza happen.
    9. The Ghost Monument - Decent setup but ended up just being boring overall, especially compared to later episodes.
    10. Arachnids in the UK - Just poorly thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Ninth sassed a bitchy trampoline and saved the Earth from farting aliens. Eccleston could have done Kerblam, no doubt about it.
    Yes, this. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Speaking of Eccleston, here's him and Whittaker showing how good actors they are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzPMov8Lor8
    I wonder if the Doctor's internal monologues get like this? Past incarnations getting all Shakespearean with each other

Great find!
    Last edited by Psyren; 2018-12-20 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)