View Single Post

Thread: [5e] Shackles of Blood

1. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

Ferrin's rapier is parried by the woman's shortsword easily, and she shaes her head and clicks her tongue disapprovingly. Erlich's loud, obnoxious voice can be heard in response to the smuggler's offer. "And what would your offer be? Let you go if you tell me about this little band of thieves? Come out with your hands up, and we can talk about some sort of ... arrangement, but I promise nothing for any of you rebellious scum if you put up a fight." He seems intrigued by the idea of uncovering such a plot, and seems to believe the offer is genuine.

Among the tangled mess of Red Plume, tortle, and halfling, the patrolmen seem to have finally found enough courage to fight back. One of them strikes out with a heavy gauntlet, hoping to push Zilo away from blocking the door, but the heaviness of his armor proves him too slow; Zilo is able to duck the armored punch with ease. From behind however, the blade of a longsword manages to take advantage of the distraction, nicking Zilo and drawing a few droplets of blood, though the follow-up swing glances off Zilo's shield. The third patrolman growls, "C'mon now boys, get 'im away from the door!" as he lashes out with his crossbow, swinging it like a club and managing to find a soft part of Guro's arm.

Within the northern building, the woman brings back her shortsword and swings once, twice in an attempt to retaliate against Ferrin. Her steel is also parried with style and grace by the male rogue, and she bites her bottom lip in frustration. "If you want to take up the Captain's offer, you'd better stash that little foil of yours."

Outside, Captain Erlich continues to watch Ophine and Miras closely. He shouts, "STEADY MEN! Who knows what kinds of tricks these ones might be up to. Anyone allied with nonhumans is an enemy of Hillsfar and the Red Plumes. For your city, for your honor. FOR THE RED PLUMES!" Each of our heroes can see a glint of resolve in the eyes of any Red Plumes they are currently duelling or otherwise fighting. Ophine and Ferrin continue to be faced with multiple crossbows being pointed in their direction, and somehow it would seem the hands of the patrolmen have been steadied by the words of the captain.

Spoiler: LOTTA Crunch
    Show
    • Red Plume (G15) attempts to shove Zilo away from the door and fails
    • Red Plume (G17) critically hits Zilo and deals 10 slashing damage; misses the second attack
    • Red Plume (G14) hits with an improvised attack with his crossbow against Guro, and hits for 2 bludgeoning damage

• Red Plume Spy attacks Ferrin twice and misses both times

• Captain Erlich uses his Battle Cry ability
    • Each Red Plume Patrolman readies one crossbow attack

Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Red Plume Patrol 3 - 20
    • Guro - 16 <-- We are now here
    • Red Plume Patrol 2 - 15
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-12-26 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.