View Single Post

Thread: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

1. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The battle is absolutely one that could be avoided by Hilgya. She has one and only one reason for joining the battle: the get revenge on Durkon. She valued that more than her child's safety, as evidenced by going into the battle.
    I am going to ask you to channel Elan for a bit, and reconsider that post. The premise that Hilgya can reject the narrative does not strike me as valid. She's not a real person, she's a character in a comic.

None of the above answer or excuses the point, that is made by the usual Greek chorus, that when offered a wide open and utterly valid chance to find and kill Durkon while leaving Kudzu in safe hands, she responds in a self centered and, to most common sense perspectives, irrational manner. That's a sign, as I see it, from Rich that she's not quite right in the head. (A few bricks shy of a load ... not playing with all 52 cards in the deck ... has a screw loose ... bats in the belfrey ... a d12 in a d20 world ... _fill in your own quaint expression here_)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2018-12-28 at 08:58 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society