View Single Post

Thread: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

1. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

Quote Originally Posted by MartianInvader View Post
    The thing is, I've seen many arguments that Hilgya doesn't ensure the bread is sealed, but they don't seem to establish that she leaves the bag full-on open. I still think it's tucked under at least a little.
    No, you have been told over and over her many crimes. All of which are Evil. If we are to use the ludicrous bread chart, every action on page has been the equivalent of leaving the bag open. Your counter to this? "There are worse people" "maybe she does good off page" (which, as arguments go, could be said of anyone, down to and including Xykon) and "other people can do evil actions, some of whom are still good", ignoring that those that we know are still good, have regretted and amended their ways, which Hilgya has not.

She has performed evil actions, on page and off, with no regrets, and told proud stories of said Evil actions. No regret, no qualms, no moral issues with any of them (except the "mudering Ivan was a misplaced target"... but not "murdering is the wrong way to deal with my issues, I note). She. Is. Evil.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2018-12-30 at 07:24 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est