View Single Post

Thread: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

1. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    No, you have been told over and over her many crimes. All of which are Evil. If we are to use the ludicrous bread chart, every action on page has been the equivalent of leaving the bag open. Your counter to this? "There are worse people" "maybe she does good off page" (which, as arguments go, could be said of anyone, down to and including Xykon) and "other people can do evil actions, some of which are still good", ignoring that those that we know are still good, have regretted and amended their ways, which Hilgya has not.
    Grey Wolf
    *Sigh*

I think I've delineated pretty clearly where I disagree with each of these points. Repeating yourself doesn't make you any more convincing. But hey, arguing in circles is pretty fun, so I'll put my point-of-view in a slightly different way.

A good person never kills (except when they do, but let's put that aside for now). An evil person kills whenever it's convenient or fun. A neutral character lies somewhere in between.

So what's in between "killing" and "no killing"? How about imagining killing people but not following through? How about making half-hearted attempts at killing that don't actually work, like trying to poison someone resistant to poison? How about killing sometime and then immediately raising them?

You can keep claiming these acts are a million kilonazis of evil, that's a perfectly valid opinion for you to have. While they are not good, I don't think they're necessarily pure evil either. We just have different opinions of where the line between neutral and evil lies in OOTS-verse.

Seriously, I was just trying to play off the bread joke...
    Last edited by MartianInvader; 2018-12-30 at 07:11 PM.