View Single Post

Thread: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

1. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

Quote Originally Posted by MartianInvader View Post
    *Sigh*

I think I've delineated pretty clearly where I disagree with each of these points.
    Where? What post?

Quote Originally Posted by MartianInvader View Post
    A good person never kills (except when they do, but let's put that aside for now). An evil person kills whenever it's convenient or fun. A neutral character lies somewhere in between.
    This is a ridiculous simplification of what Evil and Good acts are. You yourself already noticed that reducing Evil to "killing people" turns out to be ridiculously wrong. No, Evil is using other people to further your own ends. Whether stealing, abusing, harming, or actually killing is less important than the fact that you are using them for selfish reasons. Being an incompetent at murder doesn't get Hilgya off the hook just because Ivan is still alive.

As far as I can tell, you have not rebutted anything I have said. You have literally ignored all my points about regret, intent, purpose and change, and continued to assert the three broad points I outlined above, none of which change that Hilgya considers anyone between her and her selfish objectives as mere objects to be mistreated and disposed of at her leisure, whether that be arson, murder, or theft.

In short, she is Evil.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2018-12-30 at 07:17 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est