1. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peelee's Chicken Fried Random Banter Thread #220

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've got a story idea too! It's a modern fantasy setting (real world except as stated) staring a girl who discovers the magic underneath society (figuratively). It's a story about revenge, and what it brings people to and how it affects us.
    Death Note had quite the potential there: Hereīs an awesome supernatiural power with a weird bit of rules attached, use it as you please.

Personally, I found New Gaimans Neverwhere and Stardust to be quite impressive when it comes to a "Normal" discovering and then finding their way around the actual mystical bones underlying our life.

Christoph Marzi wrote a great trilogy, Lycidas, Lilith, Lumen, picking up the basic theme of Neverwhere and going full out with it, incorporating the themes and motifs of classics like Paradise Lost or the Divine Comedy.

@2D8HP:

IMHO, the only stories worth telling are up close and personal.

I gm Pathfinder because I'm lazy and just using one of the Adventure Paths saves me time because they basically include everything, from fully fleshed-out NPC, to maps and so on. Prep work is done when commuting to and from work and that's it. That's, well, the RPG equivalent to fast food.

With the right kind of people, itīs actually fun to invest the time and brain-power and go a little deeper.

The Chamberlain in my example is very similar to MCU Loki - a deeply flawed and wounded personality, but nonetheless a Samurai and beholden to the code of Bushido. His own ambition guides his choices when it comes to seeing the PC as rivals to be conquered, or as tools to be used, as long as they occupy the lower ranks of the social strata.
    Last edited by Florian; 2018-12-31 at 04:31 PM.