Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
The solution would be to kill Keethrax, and get Frostbolt - but I can't kill him with a priest, because they deal no damage.
Priests are basically Wizards with more emphasis on healing and piety-based mechanics and some spells having different names. Rain of Sorrow is basically Acid Ball with a different serial number.
I absolutely never had a problem with priest levelling, and consider them one of the most newb-friendly classes in terms of giving you midgame chances.
Spellbooks drop heavily for them, they have easy BUC identification, likely a ton of holy water from the start (I recall usually starting with 4 bottles of regular water and 1 holy water and being able to dip them together).
I ended up having solid melee with a regular spear+shield combo (best bang for your buck in terms of DV), whatever ranged weapon I could find, and, ofc, spells. I could even run PC sometimes.
Dwarven priests also start well-armored and regardless of what you do, you can go for the Tough Skin talent line to ensure you're not gonna die easily.
Also roll more Drakelings, mang, Acid Spit is just ridiculous.
Frankly you could go with Drakeling Monks. Good stats across the board, moderate spellcasting ability and bookdrops (akin to a Paladin, I believe?), hunger issues pretty much non-existent (which synergizes well with Acid Spit spam) and your only problem is that you can't get burdened/strained.
Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
Oh, btw. The swordsman. Is he worth trying to keep alive?
Who?