1. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

Default Re: Rogue-likes! (not a discussion of the correct use of the term)

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Is it possible you weren't trying to make a larger point and just venting about getting unlucky? If so I apologize and you have my commiserations.
    Not even really venting - it's an observation. There are others like it. For instance, when I play humans, or hurthlings, or elves - there are basically no pools to be found, anywhere. When I play trolls or ratlings, they're common as muck. Altars seem weird too, though I can't see any sort of system to it: There are games when I've found none what so ever, and quite a few seem to have an alter in literally every dungeon. It feels like there's a reverse proportionality between what you need, and what you get. I've never found so many powerful weapons as when I play a monk, or a beastfighter - or a mage. Conversely, when I've played a paladin or fighter, I've had rather dull weapons.

None of these are absolutes, by any means. And among those observations, definitely there are statistical glitches that trick me, cases of faulty memory, bais and so on.

Apology not necessary. I felt like you were snapping at me, and I snapped back - I'm likely to 'respond in kind', which is terribly embarassing when I'm mistaken =)

Edit: Herbs - much more common when my guy doesn't have herbalism.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-01-01 at 04:05 PM.