1. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Why didn't Shojo just send his wizard to fetch the order?

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
    Yes. And I don't see a compelling reason why Shojo shouldn't try sending first. He didn't and I think that's a mistake, and I also think that is either an oversight (aka small plothole) or a deliberate decision to show that Shojo makes stupid decisions as well (aka NOT a hyperintelligent mastermind schemer as Lacuna said).
    People have given you multiple reasons why Shojo wouldn't do that first or how a Sending could backfire them. Just declaring "I don't find them compelling" is not, well, compelling.

And what does your point help the discussion, then? Are you answering for Jasdoif or what's the deal?
    Otherwise I guess I'll just wait for what he says to my point I gave in response to him.
    It means, if you want to debate the point, you can't just say you refuted it when you didn't. Similar to the above.

Why should Shojo believe he has only one shot?
    Sending (talk) + Miko (force).
    Two shots, one with the bonus of having a more cooperative Roy, the second as a backup if that doesn't work.

If you can try something that just might work, with little cost attached to trying, the default stance should geneally be "Let's try that first".
    In other words, one would need a compelling reason NOT to do it.
    And so far, the only compelling reasoning I have read is that it basically WAS a bad decision by Shojo.
    Again, people have given you multiple examples of how a Sending could backfire. You have chosen not to address any of them.

Errrm, by scrying on her?
    Or visiting her without abducting her?
    Or is abduction a requirement to cast illusionary pictures of someone?
    1)How are they going to scry on someone they know nothing about?
    2)Okay, so they get close enough to her to abduct her, but don't, and this is supposed to fool Roy and she's not actually in danger? Setting aside the fact that there's no reason they just wouldn't abduct her, if they're able to get that close to her, she is in danger.

When your answers amount to "If we assume all these needless complexities, it could work!" they aren't much in the way of answers.
    Last edited by Ruck; 2019-01-01 at 04:25 PM.