Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
I used to like Sinfest. Maybe I would even go as far to say I loved it.

That has changed. Slowly, but subtly. Yeah, as it may have been obvious, but the Trike Girl and her pose were the start of it. But, I was willing to give it a chance, on the off shot that it was, well... an off shot.

As days, weeks and months ticked by, it became increasingly obvious that isn't the case. I don't remember what was the breaking point, but I came to the point I just couldn't take it anymore. At that point, I just said to myself, eh, **** it, packed my bags and set course for greener pastures. I checked back in semi regular intervals every now and then, but nothing much seems to have changed, to my lack of surprise and something of a disappointment.
Honestly the heavyhanded approach to this rather extreme political stance isn't even really the biggest problem for me. Even if I agreed with the message the comic puts forth, and even if I was fine continuing to read a political drama strip that I started reading because it was a funny gag-a-day strip, I'm not sure I would really have the patience for it because it's boring. Every old character who actually had things like "flaws", "a personality", or "interesting abilities" has become a secondary character at best, bit players in the ongoing political struggle. And the ones that are still around as part of the main group (Monique, Slick, Squiggly sometimes, and the Devil) have been dumbed down into caricatures of their previous selves, walking stereotypes without any real depth to them. And it's gotta be because if they weren't like that, having them next to the cardboard cutouts of Trike Girl and her posse would make their relative flatness even more obvious. I mean, okay, obviously those characters aren't allowed to have flaws (because then they wouldn't be perfect rebels fighting against the Man), but they're not even allowed to have characters outside of how exactly they go about rebelling. I'm not even sure they have real names - maybe Trike Girl got a name drop after several years, I think? But I'm pretty sure the others never did, and I couldn't tell you basically anything about the others, which is why we just refer to them as a group, because they're not individuals, they only matter as part of the collective "**** the system" movement they're a part of. There's...the black hacker girl? The girl wielding a staff? I think they like hoodies? And so because they can't look bad in comparison, the others had to be dumbed down to be a part of the new comic. But before that happened, I could tell you stuff about their backstory and personality and flaws and dreams, because they were written as people.