"I bear little hope for the survival of my son." chief Sull says. "Even if not by the hand of her minions."

He walks from the prisoner's presence with ponderous steps, his mismatched features lending him an odd gait.
"The twisted ones might be beyond saving. My people are grateful for your assistance, but if what she says is true, time is of the essence. If the surface falls, we will follow before long. Do not delay for the sake of us."

The rest of that day, Diamond can spend crafting his firearm gear, while the rest recover. The mongrelfolk have their own healers that can care for their injuries should they ask.

Aravashinal and Anevia spend the time talking about their plans for the next day. As the most powerful among the group, though hindered by their injuries, which showed today. Next day, they'll be supporting you more fully.
Horgus tries to avoid the mongrelfolk as best he can, finding them repulsive (and not entirely without reason, as they all have some level of deformity to them). He occupies himself by teaching Emilie fencing, his style suited for the manually challenged young woman.