Quote Originally Posted by Elvensilver View Post
I started reading Practical Guide to Evil after seeing this thread here, and in 2 months I read it twice.

So a thought I had:
Bard is a strange name, with possible powers to control the narrative. She has a wide knowledge of storys and sometimes collects and shares them. Maybe that's how her name works, with altering storys.
But there is another named one where we know next to nothing about her, and who is also by some called the strongest of the Calamities: Scribe. There is some duality there: little is known about their methods and aspects, but at least the names suggest that they are both dealing with words/storys/fate.
And Scribe is now in a vital position in Procer, where we finally will see her DO something. Maybe she is the evil opposite of Bard? Less flashy, not as effective yet, but having some more direct powers?
I think it was mentioned that Scribe is more analogous to Adjutant in the applications of her Name - or maybe Adjutant was analogous to Scribe. Either way, they are 'support' Names who function best when augmenting the capabilities of another Named. Bard is the very definition of a lone agent, and one who appears to exist somewhat orthogonally to the whole Good/Evil debate - she's been seeing acting on behalf of both Above and Below at times.