Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
I'm assuming that the fights take 'no time' in the real world. If two people vanish and only one reappears a minute or so later, that's a bigger deal.
That seems like an unwarranted assumption. Also, why is one a bigger deal than the other? As seen by a witness, either
  1. Two people meet and one suddenly disappears. Or
  2. Two people meet and one suddenly disappears. The other suddenly has cuts and bruises, perhaps serious. Or
  3. Two people meet and both suddenly disappear. The witness leaves in a mental state as determined by his/her personality. Or
  4. Two people meet and both suddenly disappear. The witness stays, watching the spot for anything from a few seconds to a few minutes and then of of the two suddenly reappears, maybe with and maybe without with cuts and bruises, perhaps serious.

As far as how much attention this draws in society at large, what's the difference?

To The Russian Col: How many immortals were created? If there were, say, a thousand such fights over thousands of years then they would probably go unnoticed. And by "unnoticed" I mean known by society at large; they could occasionally be seen, but the witnesses would not be taken seriously so the events would not be widely known or believed to exist. If there were millions of such fights then I don't think notice can possibly be avoided. So to answer the original question "How can the Devil...?" By not making too many pieces in the first place.

All in all, it's a cool idea despite the similarity to Highlander.