Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
Oh, well, that's a different issue, then.

So, you don't have a problem with the "calling the party idiots for needing to be saved from their actions (again)" part, so much as the "is the one who actually caused the problem in the first place" part?

Also, I kinda agree with the snarky comment about "it's the party's fault for going off alone". If I've got a court date, and my buddies don't wait for me, and get in trouble that they knew that they wouldn't have had if I were along, I'ma call them out on their questionable behavior. Similarly, if the GM / module is the foolishly inflexible "whole party CaS balance point", where every encounter absolutely requires the whole party or else TPK, well, it's kinda dumb to force that TPK (again), isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen players who seemed bound and determined to make things bad, and I've seen characters who seemed designed to be, um, if "the load" has 0 value, what do you call someone who has negative value? Anyway, I've seen characters who were bound and determined to be actively detrimental to the party.

Just wanted to clarify that that's what we're talking about, because, what I initially read you to say, I couldn't see why you'd be upset about it.
If a player Honest True is about to do something stupid of course warn him and advise against it. When a DM asks "Are you sure?" the response should always be "No, never mind. I don't do that."

It's about the player's attitude. It's the player who plays the game despite the other players, not with them, who's the Jerkface Donkey Cavity with a neck I want to wring. Common symptoms are being the Lone Wolf and/or constantly passing secret notes to the DM even when his character is with the party. When he interacts with party members he's arrogant and condescending. He's quite amused by whatever complication another player has to deal with, sitting there with a smile on his face. Some won't help, some do. It's those who do who pompously declare they have to save the party again.