~"Look, all I'm sayin' is, I can help you put the moves on Claire over there."~

Marcus chooses to blame his wandering attention on Barty's continued, incessant chatter in his brain. It doesn't, however, keep his paranoid brain from hearing the telltale signs of impending danger: shifting of glass from above, a strange creaking of the chair. A split second before the bookcases explode into a swarm of books, he drops his mental shield and readies himself for the fight. To those who could sense magic, in that moment his aura blazes exponentially brighter as he gathers his will.

"Oh, no, no, no," he mutters, sounding genuinely distraught. "How dare they turn literature against me? It's my only reliable source of entertainment! I can't watch!"

Having said that (mostly intentionally-dramatic) declaration, he flies up to the chandelier above. The temperature around him drops noticeably, and frost gathers on his outstretched hand as he gestures at the chandelier. "Infriga!" he shouts, and from nowhere ice erupts in the air, stagnating the chandelier's very essence as the chill invades its core. Marcus then drops back down to the ground, brown staff held in a defensive posture.

The Blackstaff on his belt fairly pulses with a sick excitement that Marcus can feel on the inside of his head. It wants to be used, wants him to wield it to crush his enemies, and he pushes its promises of power back. Marcus will use it when he chooses to, not a moment sooner.

Spoiler
Show
Free action: Swap Evocation Wizardry to Infriga.

Move action: Fly into Close range of the Chandelier

Standard action: Attack with Infriga, All-Out Attack/Power Attack for 2, (1d20+8)[22] vs DC 25 Damage, DC 20 Fort vs Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed

Move-by Action: Fly back down to ground level.