RexThaun & Xaanthios

Filister responds. “Crystal shard fires shards of glass-sharp crystals. You mentioned something that would not consume your mental energies while still killing enemies, and that came to mind.” Magdalena gives a slight snort at that. “Pun not intended.”

Filister continues. “You should be able to buy a map in one of the shopping districts. What was the name of that bookseller? The one who had the foreign book with the, ah, book with all the...”
“Srinivas,” Magdalena contributes, with a slight smile. Rex thinks her cheeks may have reddened slightly, but it goes away quickly.

“Yes, Srinivas is from far away and seems to have a good collection of exotic books and maps. I don’t know much about getting into the mountains, but I’m sure a lot of the dwarves could point you in the right direction. This city was founded on their digging prowess, after all. The Underguard is a fairly formidable force.”

“As for gold, I’m aware of one opportunity for some high-risk, high-reward mercenary work, but it would take more than just the two of you to pull it off. The thieves guild is always around if you’re of flexible morals, or if you’re going to leave town in a rush I suppose you could try to steal from them….but I don’t recommend that. What else?”
Filister looks at Magdalena.

“There was that dwarf looking for someone to take a big load of high-end weapons and armor south? He left in a hurry when he found out that we don’t do long-distance teleportation. I suppose you could try meeting up with the orcs or gnolls off to the west or south and seeing if they had anything that the two of you could help with?”