Quote Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
What exactly is game-breaking? And who plays a game that breaks down?
A lot of the tier 1's spell list is gamebreaking. Gate, Shapechange, Ice Assassin, Genesis, ect.

D&D 3.5 was designed with the idea that the Fighter would tank, the Rogue would use skills and Sneak Attack, the Cleric heals and Wizard blasts.

That style of gameplay doesn't cut it against many high CR opponents.

Not sure how... its not online. And I don't have a scanner... But the classes are 15 Wizard 5 Arcane Avatar (Quintessential Wizard), 5 Arch Mage (3.0 version), Wizard King (Path of Magic), 2 Wordbearer (Quintessential Wizard), Stats are Str 12, Dex 23, Con 24, Int, 43, Wiz 23, Cha 9. Ill see if I can do something to upload it!
Alright, thanks.

Can you elaborate? Do you mean line choosing not to chain gate solars not using infinity loops? I would like some examples...
It's a ton of things.

You can't have a well played tier 1 with tier 5 classes without the tier 5 classes being overshadowed, for example.

Not to mention the aforementioned spells with gamebreaking properties.

Gating in a powerful monster to smash a single encounter qualifiers.

Or using Planar Binding, at all.

There are higher OP games that can handle this sort of thing better, but many tables can't.

1) Could you explain what you mean with quadratic?
Wizards get stronger more quickly than Fighters do.

2) Then dont use it!
It's still part of the game and it's very broken.

3) Pun Pun is moot sure, but I would argues that chain gating solars would be moot then too... Who plays that way??? Again if everyone does it, then its no problem, but again who except maybe Tippy runs such a character especially if there are low op fighters in the group?
Yeah, most people don't chain Gate Solars. But the game doesn't become literally unplayable if you do that, while the same is not true of Pun Pun.