Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
They're not D&D Paladins; they are OOTS Paladins. Rich is on record saying that the world doesn't operate under D&D rules, but OOTS rules--which are like D&D rules except when they aren't. I can't pull up the exact quote at the moment, but I believe it is in the Index.
This one?
Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
As far as this thread goes, or any other attempt to align the events of the comic with D&D, my suggestion is to treat the comic as if it is based on "OOTS RPG," a hypothetical game that is exactly like D&D in every way—except for those ways that the comic shows that it isn't. Everything is D&D until proven otherwise. Because that's sort of how I write it; I use the D&D rules when they fit into the story (and I remember them), and break them when they don't. Thus, you can still extrapolate D&D stats of the characters unless I show something that simply defies the game as written—like Roy casting a fireball. And you can still make predictions about what might happen in the future as if it were all going to unfold according to the D&D rules, as long as you understand that hey, maybe I might fudge that one. And then don't complain if I do.