View Single Post

Thread: Avalon Academy IC

1. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avalon Academy IC

With no traps pestering them on entry, Kelly headed down the slide on her rainbow platform. When they got to the bottom, she swept a quick look about the room. For a moment the webs looked awfully inviting...and the very thought set Kelly's heart pounding with the fear of being trapped in them. The conflicting emotions were momentarily confusing, but Kelly quickly recognized the signs of a mental attack. She knew the feeling well enough from training - her sister Dove was a skilled telepath, and once she had developed her powers, their father had made it a point to include detection and resistance training into their usual regimens. Kelly quickly averted her gaze to avoid the hypnotic attack.

Even so, she was a speedster; she could take a lot in at a glance. Including the woman...trapped in the webs? On the one hand, that was weird. She had quickly outpaced even the other speedsters, even after giving them a head-start (why yes, Kelly was a Mythbusters fan, thanks for asking). No way another student could have gotten here before them, so how did she get here?

Kelly didn't know, but the fact was, it didn't matter. The young woman needed help!

The spider was big though. Darn big. Kelly was fast, but she wasn't exactly a powerhouse of massive damage. Fortunately, she had a powerhouse standing beside her! She could play this just like she would fighting alongside her big brother.

Out came Kelly's whips. She connected the enchanted rods front-to-back, producing a long, flexible beam of bright orange light. That, she lashed up at the spider, more aiming to distract it than anything, keep it off-balance and give Anthony an opening while ready to quickly shield them from any return attack!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming the spider's within 60', but let me know if not and I'll edit.

Move: Meh.

Free: Swap to Rainbow Rage.

Standard: Defensive Strike, using the attack part as an Aid for Anthony at (1d20+17)[30]. Kelly is Deflected at 1d10+22, Anthony at 1d10+16, after accounting for tradeoffs. Anthony gets +5 to his next Close attack against the spider.

Current Status: Deflected (1d10+22).
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2019-01-28 at 04:31 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide