View Single Post

Thread: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

1. - Top - End - #1110
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    @Ashiel: Your setting sounds pretty cool, and has a lot of potential for campaigns. Reminds me a slight bit of Numenera's setting, but not as bland.
    I've never checked out Numenera, but maybe I should. ^.^;

The setting is sort of something that's sort of bubbled up and been spliced together from a few different ideas that I've had over the years. The campaign is regularly being updated and expanded, and a lot of my stand-alone campaign ideas end up actually being connected to the core setting, snapping together to form the different regions of the world. it's always evolving. A lot of times things get added because people desired them.

For example, I'm kinda not into anthromorphs, like, at all. Internet probably ruined them for me forever. So as a result, I really didn't have any plans to add them to the campaign until a friend of a friend wanted to make an anthromorphic cat-girl thingy. So I pondered this for a bit, and ended up with a land to the west of the main continent that is ruled by anthromorphic humanoids, with influences from egypt, aztecs, and even the lion king in some ways, with variants of classic D&D critters among them (gnolls on the main continent are more like wolf men, while those in the beastlands are the classic hyenas, and there are lizardfolk, gatorfolk, and other sorts of reptilian sorts). They keep enormous amounts of slaves and their tribes command great cities and civilizations across their vast open lands.

They're lands have a very different sort of feel from the prime continent.

EDIT: Ironically, that player didn't actually stay around very long because I didn't approve a custom race she wanted. However, I've actually grown quite fond of the land of the Beast Kings, so silver linings.
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2019-02-05 at 10:06 PM.
    You are my God.