View Single Post

Thread: The Tides that Bind IC

1. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

@Camus: You watch The Crow drop on one knee before her blades clank on the ground and she collapses on the floor.

Your Contingency is powerful... but Daegal's sinister spell is not one your abjuration can sway away and so, you also drop head first near the Hunter of Hunters.

Still awake, but unable to move a single muscle on your body, all you can hope for now is that the others can finish him off...

@Kalir: You can feel Daegal's influence attempt to take on your body and mind, but your training at The Blooming Lotus has prepared warriors like you against it...

Except that they did not anticipate a monster such as he. Your mind becomes savage. Barely recognizing friend from foe as you clothes and gear meld into a shaggy four legged form:

Daegal looks at you as a couple of arrows fired from an unseen place whizz by him harmlessly.

"That is a far better look for you, Kalir. In the end, the Royal Guard are no better than dogs, the whole lot of them. And you are a prime example of that!''

Spoiler: Kalir's new form
    Show
    JACKAL

Size/Type: Small Animal

Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)

Initiative: +3

Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)

Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12

Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–3

Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)

Full Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.

Special Attacks: —

Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

Skills: Jump +7, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +1*

Feats: Alertness, TrackB

Although an animal, you may still perceive who you were fighting earlier. A friend from foe- provided said foe doesn't dangle a piece of steak in front of you, that is.

Round 14

@Daun & Ilven: He just turned Kalir... with a mere glance!

Camus and The Crow are out for a good amount of time. Roland hasn't returned, which means it's just three of you left to face off against Daegal, who looks at all three of you- even the unseen Janni and smiles smugly.

"A Helguard kept standing by a cantrip and a druid who won't even come and face me. Pathetic, really. Then again, I had foreseen my victory. It is inevitable- I am a Church Leader. What could a handful of nobodies such as yourself ever dream to accomplish?""

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir

Daegal Faang, The Gallant Glove
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-09 at 03:38 AM.