View Single Post

Thread: Blustery Hearts IC {HSHC}

1. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Blustery Hearts IC {HSHC}

Watching all of this nonsense is another student, perched on one of the high chairs with her papers laid out on the table next to her laptop and a tumbler full of some sweetened iced coffee drink. Her black hair is held loosely behind her neck by a teal scrunchie, matching a symbol on her t-shirt referencing her favorite webcomic. Her vibrant blue jeans hold a visible crease; her sneakers still have the little plastic loop that once held their price tag. Even her black-rimmed glasses are no more than a week old. Joan's mom made sure she was thoroughly shopped-for before she went off to live on her own.

Intending to recount the altercation while it's fresh in her mind, she hurriedly alt-tabs from her annotated map of the campus to her document, a writing sample detailing her first day on campus, about which she had already spoken to the teams for the yearbook and campus newspaper. She clicks away at her keyboard, letting herself wander from the food court itself to Princess Jaz and her assailant to the color of the other girl's red bangs to her walk entering and leaving the room to the sound of the dilapidated carriage that delivered such an angel to the school's midst...

The guy that Jaz just decked grunts painfully as he resets his jaw, then suddenly realizes that the black-haired girl is still intently watching him - or at least, watching something in his direction. "What're YOU staring at?"

"nuh?" It takes this long for Joan to so much as blink. She coughs and swallows as she realizes how dry her mouth is, having been left in a pouting gape for what must have been a full minute.

"You think this is FUNNY?" You seriously have no idea what this guy's problem is. You'd think he'd have better things to do on his first day of college, but for whatever reason he seems singularly focused on picking fights with potential classmates at random.

"Um, no! Sorry, I... I wan't staring at you, I was staring at the brilliant point of light from a dreary world..."

"Shut up!"

"Sorry! I can't... she's just..." Oh my god I cant take my eyes off of her, why am I still staring? "I... it feels like..."

"SHUT! UP!"

The dude backhands Joan's laptop, sending it and her coffee clattering across the floor to Jessica's feet. When that fails to make Joan stare and hyperventilate any more than she is already, he reaches over to shove her down after them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Triggering her first Thaw Out right out of the gate because love at first sight is like that. Luck +5 to be thrown right at Jessica's feet under Perilous circumstances!

I refuse to let, 'Finding her,' count for Snooping since that was part of the premise and required no luck on Joan's part, though it might count as, 'walking in,' on the dude's altercation since it was JNAP that so fortuitously introduced him and a twist of fate that he happened to be right between Joan and the angel. If you'll take that, that's another +2 for a total of 7!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-02-08 at 12:59 AM.