Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
Teleporting is what I did. Since it's a greater vault, I always skip that vault until later, simply because there's always something big and bad in Greater Vaults that will cream me at that stage, but the lesser enemies are generally easy enough. Anyway, if you need more fire resistance, remember that the Ring of the High Kings, which you should be able to grab by now, is a decent enough source of resistance at this point in the game.
I have two blessed rings of fire resistance, elemental gauntlets, intrinsic fire resistance - fire resistance up the wazoo. I'm worried about item destruction though, and unsure what to do about it. I have at least two fire proof blankets too, but ... well, my boots of levitation I could take off, and walk barefoot, but ... well I may be a troll, but I'm not a barbarian, ya know?

Ring of the High Kings. I should look that up, that's something I haven't done yet.

That's honestly a challenge all of it's own: I don't know what to do, I've never been this far before. I didn't know there was a dwarven graveyard. I had never been to the water temple. Or the graveyard. Or ... all sorts of things. Didn't know where the rift was - actually, never climbed any mountains at all. I'm basically playing blind (except, you know, for the internet =)