1. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVI: If it Ain't Broke, Nerf It

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Oooooh....

I 'member that there was an Australian tournament system that went at least into 7th Ed. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called - maybe Drasius remembers?

But a bunch of TOs and competitive players in Australia made a document that assigned 'broken points' (TPs?) to almost every good unit in the entire game. It gained a semi-infamous reputation for requiring a ****-ton amount of work and play-testing to create, and also it made list-building a total pain in the arse due to how convoluted it was. However, due to the fact that it was almost constantly updated by some of the best players in the country, it actually was relatively balanced at the higher end of the game.

So, as long as you could get past the asinine list-building stage, I vaguely recall that it was okay? Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't get past the list-building stage...Hence its infamy.

I think you got 20 (?) TPs (?) in most tournaments that used the system? ...****. I wish I could remember the name.
    I remember you talking about it, but can't recall the name. Comp or something.

I also remember you talking about how exploitable it was
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-02-14 at 12:26 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/