1. - Top - End - #445
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVI: If it Ain't Broke, Nerf It

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Almost every good army can out-shoot T'au. Do you think this is 6th Ed.?
    By "supposed to" I should have clarified that I mean "thematically". You met a Tau list that worked like Tau are supposed to in the fluff, and implied by their lack of CC mechanical options. I realise how dumb that sounds in the crunchy thread, but... Well, some armies are always good and then there are the ones where the game has to "go right" for them to show off. Sounds like this is what happened.

Sound advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    You're being sarcastic, but am I really all that wrong? You built an army that is vulnerable to getting shot, and then got shot - what else were you expecting to happen?

I mean, you said it yourself - you took 11pt models without backup from a powerhouse like Guilliman, and they were crap. I know that Scouts are generally pretty good in the meta, but Tau are pretty much outside of the meta entirely so whatever they do is likely to be something weird. Just one of those things - sometimes you meet the end of the bell curve and life is bad.

I'm not trying to be deliberately confrontational about this, or y'know... "well, duh!" or anything like that. It just sounded like "Bad Army met another Bad Army that happened to be slightly better", and I wasn't sure if we were meant to be amazed by the revelation or just frustrated by the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-02-16 at 08:07 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation