Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCarl View Post
Oh man, registered just to reply here. Every few years I go looking for traces of this game and never come up with much. To be honest I'm not even sure if this is the actual game, but I have very distinct memories of playing a browser-based online fantasy game as a kid and from what little I can find I'm pretty sure this was it, but even finding screenshots of it is like pulling teeth.

A few years back I actually tracked down the main programmer/previous company owner on LinkedIn, and from the discussion there he both didn't seem to have any version of the game/code anymore, nor did he seem to have much interest in discussing it. Seemed like he was running for some kind of public office at the time and was distancing himself from game development in general, though I haven't been keeping tabs on the guy. I'm glad he seems to be doing well, but I remember being pretty disappointed that he didn't have the code or even some of the graphical assets stowed away somewhere. I love trying to preserve older games and I've tracked down (and probably annoyed) devs for info/source code/etc. before.

Don't really have much to add to the discussion (I think I must've been around like... 10? Assuming I played when it was new in '98, and I doubt I played it for more than a month or so), but it's crazy that I just randomly thought about and decided to look for this again and stumbled upon a thread about it made only a month ago. Did we ever hear back from any of the "old guard"?
Dang, we have really similar stories (playing it around 10 years old, looking for traces online every couple years), only I never got in touch with anyone.

Huh. Bummer it’s probably a lost cause.