Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
She quickly turned to his wardrobe, which she had long since gone through and organised and grabbed one of the biggest towels from the top shelf. She hung it on the inside door handle of the bathroom and pushed the door to and waited outside, looking at the floor, wondering what a teal deer was.

"Your secret is safe with me but... the curse... it's crippling you," she finally managed, "and the Winter Court needs its King."
"It's summer," said King Kent from the shower. "And just set up, like, a parliament or something. You're all mature adults, you don't need to pretend that you need a king to boss you around."

Quote Originally Posted by stveje View Post
"How would a dog escape a crocodile by hiding in the crocodile's cave?" not-Jack says, and crawls back out, sitting on the ground next to the bed as Lily and King Kent talk through the door to the bathroom.

And then he started to wonder - to calculate - quietly in his own mind, just how much the Lover would pay reward him with to have her heart back.
Oh, for a faerie's heart? The traditional payment is three wishes.

Jack's skeletal muzzle emerged from under the bed - but no more.

"You never know with dogs," said Jack. "They are so friendly and happy and trusting you almost forget that they are made out of meat."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
"You're under arrest" said Aelas back to them, a combination of her current condition and the enjoyment of spiting the very obviously not police summers leading her to be spunky. "Anyway, listen, my friend is on that bus, and like, I don't have time to be arrested because we need to do a proper season handoff before the Judge captures a bunch of us..." Aelas looks up at the judge and sticks her tongue out at him at this point then looks back down at the two guys. "Look, just like tell the King he's being a dumby-head okay? And also tell Static I said hi and like about the judge and stuff, okay? Can you do that?"

[I uh...have no idea if that was actually persuasive, but on the assumption that it's at least something, my presence+persuasion roll at -3 is 6, 9, 1, 10, 8. So 3 successes]
Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
Debris, rubbish and chair fluff runs off the Pilgrim's broad shoulders like rivulets of stone shrugged off the mountain's side. He rises, horns scraping the dented, caved-in roof of the bus, and for a moment he is... almost elated. We did it, everyone. We saved the day, stopped the bus, and didn't die in the process. (Of course he didn't die, the traitorous thought emerges: the Flower Knight is not here to kill him.)

And if that is the case, then not even the King of Summer can kill him, not yet. But sunlight's spear is still a weapon of great power and might, to be honored and respected, and so he yields the ground, becoming smoke once more billowing from the wreck and ruin, the cinders that are his eyes burning brightly as he rushes, faster than the wind, to Aelas's side.
"Oh, sh*t, we're under arrest?"
"Can she do that?"
"I mean, she works for the Spring Court. So... maybe?"
"But it's summer."
"Is it tho?"
"But, like, there's two of us and only one of her."
"Yeah, but, like, Mrs. Height is really scary. Also now she has that big guy who just ran up."
"Oh yeah that's true."
"So do we, like, turn ourselves in?"
"I think we need to tell Mr. Breton he's being a dumby-head first."
"Oh, good point. We should be on our way, then."
"Thank you for your time, Ms. Rainbow Dash," said the goon, tipping his hat. "We'll deliver our messages and then go to jail like you said. Drive safe."