View Single Post

Thread: Thoughts on the Warlock

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Thoughts on the Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Here we go with this disingenuous bulldust again.

2 slots per short rest (both 5th level) = 6 x 5th level slots per long rest (on average; somedays more and somedays less, but that is the expected median average).

As opposed to the Wizards 3 x 5th level slots per long rest, 3 x 4ths, and a bunch of 1sts and 2nds that dont really do much at this level.

I note you picked 10th level (1 level before the Warlock gets 3/ slots per short rest (and a 6th level incarnum).

I have a sneaking suspicion this wasnt by coincidence you picked this level.
    Malifice, it isn't disingenuous. It is an issue of perception.
    As was argued extensively in the last Warlock diatribe,
    • 2 short rests per long rest is not the average. "Average" varies by table, that should be taken into account.
    • during a boss battle, the 8th wizard has 2x 4th level slots, 3x 3th.... the 8th warlock has 2x 4th level slots. that can and should affect people's playstyle
    • at 11th level, warlock gets 3x 5th per short rest and 1x 6th (fing wow!!!) now the wizard has trouble keeping up. how common is tier 3 play?

*edited*
    I consider it more disingenuous to ignore the poster's argument.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that you not addressing boss battles wasn't a coincidence.
    Last edited by NaughtyTiger; 2019-02-20 at 11:59 AM.