Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
"Hey, all of those grudges resulted in us having to fight a War against not one bu t tworidiulously powerful mad-men who were driven insane by the constant cycle of war and vengence. Lets change our ways."

"Okay, but first, lets take horrific revenge on this guy who did things that we ourselves are all guilty of ebcuase we're mad at him, never mind that he helped save the world, has started to reform, and that killing him would alienate the guy that we're all friends with."

You see how that doesn't work?

As for Sasuke never reforming... The very last thing that happens before the epilog is Sasuke realizing that he was wrong and going off to make a genuine effort to atone.

Basically, the ending of the series is to Sasuke what the ending of the Invasion Arc was to Gaara--the realization that he's wrong and the first step towards reforming.
I'm not saying we should outright execute Sasuke, and sorry for going that hard again this is just a topic that frustrates me.

But SOME degree of punishment would be cool. They let him walk entirely free. He's allowed to leave the city and go on missions. He can have his arm back whenever he wants. There's no consequences for it at all because he's Naruto's friend and that bugs me.

Do keep in mind that he is abandoning Sakura in that epilogue, and she has to chase after him (which is good characterization on her part) and then she has to leave because of her baby but then Sasuke becomes a distant ass father to his daughter which is really just compounding problems.

I get he's reforming, and in boruto they show that, but they don't REALLY show it up Naruto proper. He only comes to a realization he should be good after Naruto and him beat each other half to death.