1. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild: Episode 3: Twinkle Twinkle Flaming Meteor

With blinding speed the scorpion smashes into the pouncing Eidolon that enters the fray, attempting to punish it for entering it’s area. It seemingly remembers now of all times, perhaps having grown rusty in the string of unworthy opponents up to this point, that it can use it’s full arsenal against those that get close. Now that someone is close enough to easily see it’s clear that it has multiple barrels that vaguely resemble musket that start to spin rapidly before unleashing a torrent of metal.
    Spoiler: Missed Opportunities
    Show
    The Attacks of Opportunity:
    You’d think Izzy would have a range of 10ft. I believe moving all up into the scorpion’s grill triggers 3 1 AOOs. Kaouse keeping me honest.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[46]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[30]
    Attack: (1d20+29)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[23]
    Attack: (1d20+29)[48]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[28]

Since they can only hit on a Crit just treat the next one as confirmation (unless all my bribing has worked off and they’re all crits).

Scorpion uses Gun against Casmar. It’s hopefully Super Effective. It noticeably doesn’t trigger attacks of opportunity, as if it had some training in Barrage.
    Attack: (1d20+30)[32]
    Damage: (8d6+1)[28]
    Attack: (1d20+30)[33]
    Damage: (8d6+1)[37]

The nature spirit manages to rip off a portion of the downed retriever that’s at the max of her weight limit and attempts to chuck it at the gargantuan scorpion. While that attack itself does no damage the multitude of distractions provides Casmar the opening he needs to land a solid blow that appears to be deflected by some shimmering force. Another hit lands solidly, though, and breaks through the defense as a small gash is made in it’s metal hide.

It begins the task of whittling down the opposition in it’s metaphorical face. It takes a step back, providing some distance even if it doesn’t necessarily need it, and shifts in stance even as Casmar changes his. It attempts to sidestep the incoming jabs while slamming into it’s given foe with claw and gun.
    Spoiler: Actual Round Attacks
    Show
    Free Action: 5ft step back, it's got a fly speed currently on the off chance y'all are concerned about it stepping where it can't or whatever.
    Full Round: Smash. Scorpion makes two claw attacks (vs Normal) and two chaingun attacks (vs Touch) against Casmar. I’ve included Challenge and Come and Get Me (plus generic training reveals it's probably used Combat Expertise).
    (Claws)
    Attack: (1d20+37)[44]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[32]
    Attack: (1d20+37)[46]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[29]

(Guns)
    Attack: (1d20+34)[42]
    Damage: (8d6+5)[29]
    Attack: (1d20+34)[51]
    Damage: (8d6+5)[29]

Spoiler: Distances
    Show

Object

---On Top Of (60ft up)---
    Scorpion
    Casmar
    Izzy

---20ft Up Object, Near Gash, 40ft from Scorpion.---
    Darshee

---40ft from Object, Scorpion---
    Heather

---560ft Away, 600ft from Object---
    Tome
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-02-22 at 02:39 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.