I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who played 3.5 and not 5e, so I'll mostly be focusing on the differences there.

Leader: Warlord. Been mentioned to death here for good reason, this is an archetype no other edition of DnD has managed to do right.

Striker: I'm actually going to go with Rogue here, because 3.5 rogue always felt like it should be this super mobile class that has a ton of positional play and just...wasn't, because of how reliant damage dealing was on full attacks. Meanwhile, 4e rogue has a ton of built in mobility with their powers, and a lot of reason to care about positioning between Cunning Stalker and flanking, or powers like Lashing Blade and Darting Strike.

Defender: Paladin. The icon of the paladin who stands at the front of the fight and yells "COME GET ME" is pretty iconic, and again isn't something 3.5 really supported. Fighter is a close second due to having a similar archetype, but I feel Fighter ALSO has the striker archetype that older editions play into, while paladins are more dominantly defensive in people's minds.

Controller: I'm actually going to cheat a bit here. Invoker|Wizard. Show off a hybrid, because I really like the hybrid system 4e has. You get an Int/Wis baseline (GASP, a divine character who can actually be good at Religion? Heresy!) and 2 potent classes that, between them, can show off all 3 kinds of control (forced movement, soft control, and hard control) pretty effectively. Wizard|Psion would also be an option here, but psionic|non-psionic is weird