Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
I don't understand allegiances very well, then. What's the point of taking a specific one, outside of allowing a few extra units to be Battleline? The way the Allegiance traits are written you just get them all if you're Skaventide, unless I'm reading that wrong. Otherwise how would you ever get the Masterclan one?
Taking plague rats or storm fiends as battleline plays different to clan rats. Mobs of giant rats will probably play out similar to clan rats, but with 3" range and more wounds.

I'm under the impression that you only get access to the traits and artifacts specific to your clan (except masterclan generals in clan only lists), though I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
It also occurs to me that, if you really wanted to, you could run a list that's just 280 clanrats, two clawlords and the screaming bell. I don't know if that would actually be good, and there's no way I'm buying that many clanrats, but it's amusing nonetheless.
Many WHFB skaven players will already have those sort of numbers of clan rats laying around, so don't be surprised if that's a thing that happens.