Sean

Exploring around the apartment, you located something potentially interesting. Off on the far side of the lot, several recent scent trails were clustered, including the one you had found earlier. Somewhere between a dozen and a score of people - which at a rough estimate could feasibly be approaching or hitting the building's full capacity - along with the smell of enough spilled alcohol to suggest they had A) pretty much all been drinking and B) been jostling their drinks enough that they spilled a rather fair amount. You could also smell the faint metallic o-zone scent of a sizable discharge of railgun-based weaponry, residue of explosives, charred metal and asphalt, and, more importantly, nanites similar to but, to your nose, still distinctly different from the ones you had been tracking previously.

The concrete wall around the lot was a good three feet thick, and had bullet holes punched clean through it. Looking around a bit, you could find the scorched, warped, twisted remains of a solid steel girder, which itself looked like it had bullet holes punched through it in...what may have been more-or-less the same pattern as the wall, but it was kinda hard to tell considering it had been blown into three different pieces by what was presumably military-grade explosives.

But I mean, you know, other than that, nah, there weren't really many clues around outside the place.

Declan and Sebastian

Sebastian could see that the engineers were seeming a bit agitated by Declan's texts - well, except for Jennings. It took way more than that to agitate Jennings. You could tell because of the high living-people-to-pulpy-blood-spatters ratio in his general vicinity. The operatives didn't show much reaction, aside from Vonda who looked just a little annoyed because it was like, you know, texting during a meeting. Rude.

Levitt glanced at Patty, who gave him a kinda resigned nod. If you go asking the investigators questions and then go all silent when they ask you why, well, that looks suspicious. "I wanted to make sure you had actual evidence and weren't just fishing for reactions. Again," he replied. But since Levitt would never use a sentence where a paragraph would do, he added, "That being said, it occurs to me that even given the assumption of a thief capable of meeting some minimum objective level of difficulty in circumventing military security, it would likely be subjectively easier to falsify the logs than our scanners and RFIDs, notwithstanding familiarity with the same. Though perhaps not conclusive, it would likely be safe to say that any tampering with our systems is evidence in support of the conclusion that one of us is responsible for the crime, while a falsification of the logs would suggest an outside entity. While I'm certainly no investigator myself, I should think that given two mutually contradictory pieces of evidence, an unbiased investigator would consider both to be suspect until one could be corroborated. Of course, if one is trying to prove a certain vision of the crime, it would be an entirely natural tendency to assume that the evidence that conforms to that vision is the correct one. Why, I daresay that a sufficiently clever thief might even leave just evidence of just such a contradiction, to point investigators at an alternative suspect, in an effort to waste their time or even throw them off the thief's trail entirely. Would you agree, Miss Abel?" he finished smoothly, though probably not smoothly enough to hide the smugness of his tone, as he cast a meaningful glance at the members of the team who had foregone their attorney's advice.

Emmett gave a half-amused-half-annoyed snort. "You're such a jerk, Azhar," she told him, in a kinda sisterly tone.

Even so, the other operatives, save Cavill, were regarding Declan with more suspicion than they had been before.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
If someone can't present a solid counter to Levitt's point, it will break Declan's previous influence. If you can make a solid enough counter it can succeed on its own merits, otherwise you may need to make a social check. An argument that doesn't really counter the thrust of his point can't succeed regardless of social skills.