Spoiler: last time, on Lords of Creation
Show
Quote Originally Posted by LordArgon View Post
Spoiler: Previously
Show

Sololond laughed at the fashion accessory's outburst. "Who are you to make demands of me? You act as if these souls are yours. Where is your name written on them? Anyways, the souls are of little use to me, but I feel it is only right I keep them from being eaten by those foul flying fiends. I was planning on making bodies for them once this creation is complete. Now if you have a safe place to store them, I have no qualms with giving them to you, but I would like to give them new homes eventually, one's better than their old ones."

"Some are mine." Tenebreon spikes another wraith on his blade, and the soul descends into the earth to be with other deceased Scholars of Stone. "Do they even want new bodies? You should really try asking first, before tormenting them with this half-existence. I will release them to their masters, as is right." Tenebreon opens his cloak, and a thicket of bladed clockwork arms burst out of it, slicing apart every wraith which did not worship Sololond in life and allowing their souls into the afterlife. "By the inner mechanisms of the land, I curse your servants, your thieves of souls. May weapons as mine cut them as surely as the river cuts the ground."

Village of Silva Tenementum, in the darkness
The Scholars of Stone have been spreading. Some distance from the capital city of Os Tenebris, Silva Tenementum is situated in a hardwood forest. Here, the Scholars harvested wood for their devices, and due to frequent Goblin raids, developed new and better weapons. When the cold and dark came, they retreated into the town. This was not like the blessed darkness beneath the ground, it was frigid and harsh rather than cool and welcoming.
Then a new threat had arrived. The misty creatures carried off those Kobolds and Halflings who strayed off alone or in small groups. The militia rallied together, but their stone and wooden maces had no effect on the incorporeal wraiths, and they began to be dragged off as well. In desperation, the survivors retreated to the armory and armed themselves with the new, untested equipment. These were branches, bent and threaded with string, whose elasticity could be used to launch sticks bladed with obsidian shards. When the wraiths arrived, the Scholars opened fire. Their aim was miserable, but miraculously a few hit their marks, and even more miraculously, the obsidian glass arrowheads actually wounded the wraiths. Emboldened, the Scholars fired again, and again, and when the wraiths closed in, they lashed out with their arrows in melee. In the end, although a large portion of the village was taken by the wraiths, the Scholars of Stone drove off the undead menace.

Spoiler: Actions
Show

AP start 4/16
Curse: Obsidian Vulnerability [Society (ingenuity) 7/10]
Wraiths may be intangible, but they are no longer invulnerable to mortal weapons. Blades made from obsidian glass cut their bodies much more easily than they would cut creatures of flesh and blood.
Create Advanced Concept: Archery (closed) [Society (ingenuity) 8/10]
Teach Concept: Archery to the Scholars of Stone [Society (ingenuity) 9/10]
The Scholars of Stone have developed the first missile weapons, giving them a distinct edge in both hunting and in war. Their defensive, creative mindset means that they aren't using them aggressively...
Yet.

End AP: 1/16