Marah: Fury of the Deep

Spoiler: Previously
Show
Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
Nemesis

Liquid iron dripping from the jagged stump of his right arm, Nemesis' pride was undiminished as he beheld the ocean goddess. The ceaseless glow of his heart began to spread towards the wound, divine blood congealing into the malformed suggestion of a hand as he made his reply.

"Have none beyond these shores been blessed with courtesy? I am Nemesis, and you stand upon the shores of Karam-Kor. You name the Maiden of Light as Sister, but it was my strength that shielded her from this beast of the pit."

A flare of embers rose from his injured arm as he gestured towards the insensate heap of the Nameless Rat, the creature's injuries near-indistinguishable upon its nightmarish bulk.

"If you wish to make yourself a guest here, wave-rider, I would have your name."

Lying forgotten on the beach, the fingers of Nemesis' severed hand spasmed in answer to his anger. And as the bleeding from his arm slowed, molten slag began to leak of its own accord from the hand itself. All too quickly, it began to take on a shape all its own.

She laughs, a sound filled with derision, hatred, and scorn. "Courtesy? Did you show courtesy when you slaughtered my people on a whim, and ripped their knowledge from their desecrated souls? Did you show courtesy when you shattered the wards I grew myself beneath their land, allowing the cursed Moss to defile their kingdom? Did you show Courtesy when you burned Ilianthos; when you harmed its creator so greatly that it falters to this very moment? You have earned no courtesy, Destroyer." The waves that are Marah's form lash angrily, carving deep furrows in the sand with each angry gesticulation.

"I am Marah, Tidecaller, Fury of the Deep, The Binding Embrace, and I will not speak it again: step aside from Our Sister, or you and your Karam-Kor will see the true wrath of the seas." Behind Marah, the horizon line has risen to a level that, where there a true source of light, its shadow would cover them all. As it was, the stars behind Marah were lost in an inky blackness. The wave held, impossibly still well past the point that it should have come thundering down, wreaking havoc across all in its path. The seas obey their mistress when she calls upon them.