View Single Post

Thread: IC: So, How About Those Dragons?

1. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: IC: So, How About Those Dragons?

Fenrir - The Tiny Brass Dragon Wyrmling

"I haven't yet had the pleasure of feeling the wind on my wings. Speaking with the Wu-Jen Master last night has gotten me thinking about the nature of things and how connected everything can be. I think flying above the land might afford me a quiet place to think."

Fenrir walks over to Mae and bows to her slightly. In tabaxi he says, "私をWu-Jenに紹介してくれてありがとう。彼と他の長老たちによろしくお伝えください。私は彼らと再び話すのを楽 しみにしています。"
    Spoiler: Notes to the DM are never a good thing!
    Show
    "Thank you very much for introducing me to the Wu-Jen. Give my regards to him and the rest of the elders. I look forward to speaking with them again."

He unfurls his little wings and gives them a good flap, kicking up a tiny cloud of dust. He then walks outside and practices his flapping and flying in the intervening time. His first run at staying aloft doesn't go so well. He flaps his wings several times and barely gets an inch off the ground before his wing beats get out of sync and he topples to the side.

Fenrir thinks back to his conversation with the Wu-Jen. He said there were spirits in the land that you could connect with. He closes his eyes and begins to listen more intently to the nature around him. The scuff of dirt as tabaxi walk along the road. The rustle of leaves in the canopy above. And faintly the whisper of wind in his ears. The caress of it on his scales and leather of his wings. He slowly spreads his wings and lets the wind break over them. He imagines himself soaring over the jungle and begins to slowly rock from side to side as if he was really turning in the air.

Slowly the wings begin to beat. Whap...whap...whap...whap! The speed and power gradually increases until Fenrir completely lifts off the ground. He then opens his eyes and a big, goofy, grin spreads across his face. "I'm definitely going to enjoy this!"

Spoiler: How To Train Your Dragon - Flight School
    Show
    I just want to roll for roleplaying purposes!
    <10=no go on the Fen's first attempt; >10=He's a natural!
    First Time Flyer - (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2019-03-02 at 12:09 PM.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum