Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
Hey, folks,

I've had my cat Sissi (Sidney) for about 15 years now. I never thought much about because she is just as spry as she ever was, chasing shadows, jumping on top of counters and desks and complaining about random things as she always did.
My husband today pointed out that she's lost weight. That's when I realised that she is an old cat. My childhood cats lived to 18-20 so I figure I have a few years left but just the reality that she will die someday, and that the day is now fairly close, hit me in the face.
I don't want to worry about it constantly and ruin the last few years we'll have together, but I've had her since before I moved out of my parent's place. In a few years I'll have had her for over half my life. I have two other cats but she is cuddly and loving and I had her when she was a few weeks old, unlike the other two who were already adults and my husband's pets, and she feels more like "my baby".

I know there isn't much anyone can do but I could use some support. And any advice about spoiling her a bit would be nice too.

Thanks!
Having pets get old is rough, I don't have much to add to this but my sympathy. I still cry thinking about my last dog passing over a year ago.