View Single Post

Thread: Anthem - PrEAying it Doesn't Suck

1. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Default Re: Anthem - PrEAying it Doesn't Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I've had Assassin's Creed Odyssey soft lock my PS4 twice (had to turn off and turn back on again) and hard lock it twice (had to turn the power off at the socket as the power off button wasn't responding) with one of those incidents requiring a database rebuild. I've lost count of the times where it turned into a 1 fps slideshow, causing me to abort the current quest/location so I could save and restart the console.

It's not just the PS4, it's the PS4 in conjunction with an increasing number of games that are becoming more taxing on the the PS4's aging hardware. As I mentioned earlier, in my opinion Anthem is the straw that broke the camel's back.
    That's still nonsense. There are a lot more people out there playing non-anthem games right now than playing Anthem and it's only Anthem that's causing this. You may have personally had issues with Assassins creed, but 99% of other players didn't. On the other hand, everyone is crashing with Anthem. Not everyone gets bricked, but everyone is crashing. It's not like Anthem is some sort of technological marvel that's far more advanced than anything else on the market for it to be more taxing than other games either.

I'm also no stranger to PC games crashing, but crashing a console is unusual. Also, if a game was making me restore my PC when it crashed I wouldn't be ok with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    My take - if you don't feel Anthem is safe for your PS4, by all means don't play it until we know more about the issue. That's perfectly reasonable and there's no need for a congressional hearing/Spanish Inquisition over it. Given that I play on PC, I personally couldn't care less, but any level of dev attention to the game is a good thing from where I'm sitting.

Speaking of which, there's a patch coming out on Tuesday that supposedly has new content in addition to the next round of fixes, so I'm looking forward to that. It's unclear exactly what, but I'd assume it's something from the March roadmap they posted earlier.
    Fair enough, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread with it. I do think it's important to talk about though so people are aware. Especially since a lot of the more "official" outlets like the Subreddit are actively censoring any threads that talk about it.

Have you seen the new bug where level 1 starter weapons are apparently doing much more damage than any other guns in the game? Apparently enemies HP bars are coded to be relative to the level of gun shooting at them, so levelling up your gear actually lowers your damage even though the numbers go up. What a well designed game.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-03-07 at 05:14 AM.