1. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild: Episode 3: Twinkle Twinkle Flaming Meteor

The Scorpion makes two last attempts at the foes charging towards it even as it was swarmed. Blinded and unable to properly defend itself from the Eidolon, though, it was soundly pummeled. The last blow, spurred on by the succubus, was enough to cause the fire to flicker and then have the Scorpion fall down towards the ground. It's last act was a dying monotone as it seemed to alert whatever it was relaying the information to that it had been defeated.

Spoiler: One Last Time, with Feeling
    Show
    On a 2 it actually matters: (2d2)[2][1](3)

AOO against Izzy: (2d20)[6][7](13)
    ID: (2d6+12)[17]

CAOO: (1d20+40)[42]
    CD: (2d6+12)[15]

It's a DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid the falling scorpion. On the off chance I crush Izzy with it: (16d6)[53]

For a few seconds there's a silence in the clearing. Now that there isn't a metallic scorpion firing upon the group it's clear that the thing they've been fighting on top of and in front of is no meteor but instead a metallic cone. There's one opening roughly 2/3rds of the way down it that offers a view inside, dim red light spilling out into the light of the clearing. A cursory investigation of the outside reveals what appears to be another entrance at roughly the 1/3rd mark on the same side as the gash, indicated by a glass window big enough for a medium creature to look into the darkness beyond easily enough.

Spoiler: Hark, maybe a map?
    Show
    I done did a Google Slides for the map. Let me know if y'all want something besides letters or if/when things go sideways. Each square is 5ft (AKA both potential openings are roughly 10ft wide).

The Link
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-03-09 at 02:49 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.