Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Outside the Base]

Calm Reed takes a deep breath and approaches St. Laz.

"Are you alright?" she asks.
Jenette looks at her arm. Now that there's no hydra to worry about, she has time to try to move it, to see if any part of it is still functional after that little stunt she pulled at the end of the fight. She'll start by wiggling her fingers, and from there, she'll-

...oh.

The whole hand just sorta...exploded, from the feel of things. Hard to tell for sure, since her hand is still very much hidden inside a dented armored gauntlet, but if Saint Lazarus is right, the contents of that gauntlet are very much like a chunky balloon made of meat right now. Gross. The rest of her arm isn't doing much better, and fractured in too many places for her to so much as lift it up and keep it from limply hanging at her side.

"I'm fine," she answers casually, rolling her good shoulder for emphasis before striding towards her sword, to pick it up with her non-dominant hand and tuck it back in its scabbard. This is easier said than done, of course, but shut up, she can handle it, everything's fine.

"I mean, not totally fine, but nothing that can't be fixed when I get home. I needed to practice doing stuff left-handed anyway." Might have to rely on the squire to do a lot of our usual chores for a little while, though. Oh well, that's what Fidelias are for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Training Grounds]

"Hello, saint Lazarus," Calm Reed says, turning around and resting her massive club on her shoulder. "Prefer to practice in your armor?"
"Not everyone's as good friends as you and me are, Calm," Jenette remarks, flexing the fingers of her right hand, trying to get some lingering stiffness out of them. They're always a little fuzzy a few days after a horrible, traumatic injury, but the worst of it has passed by now.

"Until people get used to me hanging around, I can't be sure Wenomir or Adir or whoever isn't going to see some evil necromancer's attack monster wandering around VIGIL, and get all deus vult on me. The armor lets people think I'm people," she points out, letting their own shaky history go unremarked upon, though it's surely not far from either warrior's mind.