Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
Spoiler: Final season spoiler specifics
Show
I'm aware the show has to end sometime. Heck, I was an advocate of ending the series like... three seasons ago.

Zim hits it pretty close. Specifically, I'm not buying the idea that Celestia and Luna are going to retire and leave a country's operations in the hooves of someone still young (and neurotic when stressed). Are the alicorn sisters still going to raise and lower the sun and moon after they leave the throne? Also, Luna has only returned from banishment for about... maybe 2 years? She's retiring already? As Zim said, this isn't anything that had a build up so it just doesn't feel right to me. Twilight as the princess of Friendship at least had a couple seasons building up to it. At present she has those duties AND is running a school. Gonna toss the crown of the country on her on top of all that? What time does she have for that?

Suddenly, hello now you get to be a bureaucrat! Cause that's what all little girls want after becoming a princess?
Spoiler: Final Season
Show
I agree it should've ended already. Personally I think it should've had Crusaders of the Lost Mark as the series Finale because that was downright the best episode in Season 5. There were other good episodes but The Cutie Re-Mark was really badly done.

Either way, Season 5 would've worked nicely as a sort of 'epilogue' season. And I suppose I would write it like that. Tie up loose ends, and have things become more and more peaceful. With the climax being the CMC getting their cutie marks.

It would work better as a vacation rather than retirement though. Like 'I want to go out and travel. I haven't gone out and just explored for over a thousand years. You can rule til I get back. I won't be gone more then a century. Or maybe two.'

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
Spoiler
Show
There is no development that will leave Twilight not neurotic when stressed. There is no point at which she will be fit to rule, whether her friends manage her or not (which they should not be expected or obligated to). This was not true prior to seasons 6 - 8, which overplayed her neurosis to the point of Flanderization. But they did. And now we are stuck with a characterization that makes the story direction in-credible.
Spoiler: Final Season
Show
She already rules, or did Seasons 6-8 completely undo the stuff we saw with Princess Spike and Season 5?