1. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Quote Originally Posted by Schismatic View Post
    Well, yeah. But Cadance is clearly the only real adult. Also industrialization is necessarily messy. A transformation of productive forces of society.

I mean think about what that alternative future means. Flim and Flam industrializes Ponyville extensively. In every other alternative future there is otherwise a brutal, authoritarian monarchy that maintains at best cottage industry or a mobilized economy for a war effort.

Celestia is no less likely to mobilize the Ponyville economy into an industrialized society in the war against Sombra. So one could make the argument that regardless of Equestria's future, mass industrialization is a pre-determined fate regardless of who is at helm. And who would you rather in charge of that process? A Hobbesian authoritarian monarchy (at best), or a Flim and Flam who apparently has defeated Equestria's enemies through industrial development--on the basis of consumption by a body-politic rather than a war effort of a professional political caste?

Like if Flim and Flam can deliver a space age without requiring a gross, overarching military threat, surely it can't be that bad?
    Why do you automatically consider industrialization to be good? Equestria is not Earth, things are already much better then over here. Industrialization isn't needed at all, and they've already surpassed human achievements in, well, honestly I'm having trouble coming up with stuff that we've done that actually is impressive in comparison. The Internet I guess. But that still not that impressive when put beside literal time travel and weather control.

As for a space age, they literally control the movement of the moon and sun. I'm not convinced there is a space to go to but if there is, I'm pretty sure they can figure it out without industrialization. Which for that matter, isn't really associated with the space age?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2019-03-12 at 03:09 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.