Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
"Four wings, but they get smaller. I can't get rid of these two, though they're quite cool so I'm glad of that, a little." She nods a little after. "Yes, I'm a girl. And I've never paid any attention to 'gender norms'. Everyone's a person, so long as they're comfortable and happy, that's all that matters." She looks carefully at Mirai after this. "If you've still got your old makeup, you could try it now, if you fancied. I reckon you'd look good with a bit of eyeliner or something. You've got nice eyes, and it'd help them be more noticeable."
"Fair enough, Jack, but consider that what makes people comfortable and happy sometimes is dressing themselves up, and there's nothing wrong with that. Looking at you now as a girl, I think you're quite attractive. And I know girls that fancy skirts and playing up their femininity, and that's okay too. You choose to be androgynous, I won't look down on you for that if it makes you comfortable and happy, so don't put words in my mouth." Mirai explains, swigging his ale after this.

When she makes her request, he slowly turns to face her, away from his drink, his smile frozen for a bit. "If I did, I would be willing to. I'm confident in my masculinity, and ceremonial eyeliner for all is a thing in my culture... but I can't help but feel like I'm being baited, Jack. It's not a good feeling." He states his problem simply, then smiles genuinely again. "Luckily for me I'm enough of a free spirit to not care if I'm a makeup-clad guy, so I'll do it if you can find some makeup... and if you do it as well." Didn't think you were getting off easy, did you, Jack?