View Single Post

Thread: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

1. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    "I think you might be surprised by what my gofer can do. I promise you, whatever entertainment you get from shooting them, letting Scrapscallion get into trouble on his own is usually more fun."

[roll0]
    "Ah, we get you new go-fer, pretty pony!" replies Halftooth, smiling a broken grin. "We have many slaves you can pick from. I sure some are better than that one."

Scraps, the hellhounds on the cliff face all grin and raise laser rifles. You see yourself staring down four barrels of crispy death as the Pegasus frantically tries to backpedal her course. For a second, it all looks like it might be over for the dashing young colt of the wastes (that's you, by the way).

And then the roof of the cavern explodes.

Dust and dirt showers down upon the plateau. Dogs, ponies and alicorns all look upwards by reflex, their skeet shooting temporarily forgotten.

The roar of explosive, is pierced by a number of distinct, high pitched whines, moments before a veritable hail of bullets start flying. The orange blur of tracers, the buzz of near misses and the wet thud of lead slamming into the dirt. Dogs and ponies alike scream and start running for the exits.

Starlight. Through the dust you witness one of the hellhounds being riddled as twin streams of orange crisscross where he'd been standing. Before you can do much more, Halftooth has grabbed you close and is running for the exit while others in the pack either scatter or return fire.

"Run, dogs. Run!" he yells, shielding you with his body. Within moments, you're back in the tunnels, dogs and chained ponies running alongside you as you head deeper into the earth.

Scraps, your vantage point is slightly different, you can barely make out the stars above through the expanding ring of dust. The Pegasus wings upwards, deftly swooping amongst trails of bullets that appear to move out of her way, and avoids the sporadic laser fire from below. There's a brief moment when all is lost through the dust, before you're breathing clear air again.

"Red three, supressing fire. Package is clear." says a mechanical voice, as a bright light is swung in your face.

"Looks like we have an additional. Red two, secure him and start pulling back before they regroup."

A pair of acknowledgements come, as a large power-armoured pony pulls a bag over your head. You have time to register that the armour is painted with apple-red trims, and then everything is darkness, movement and bumps as the sounds of battle recede.

[End Scene]

[Balmas, Amish, feel free to make last posts before we timeskip.]