Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Its not like the general populace is going to be browsing the legal codes or anything though, and since there appear to be exactly two human lawyers in the entire planet, I don't think that "codify it in law" and "keep it secret" are necessarily mutually exclusive, especially since they will readily admit their affiliation to strangers if theyre already involved.
Yeah, but aren't all the senior nobles in the city going to be curious when Lord Shojo goes to jail for reasons that can't actually be explained? I mean, fine- if the 'magistrates' that Hinjo are referring to are really whatsisface and whozit the lawyer guys doubling as senior azurite legal officials, maybe they can actually secure a conviction without raising awkward questions, but somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
Have you considered the possibility that Miko, who flips out over removing the tag from mattresses, wasn't breaking Sapphire Guard secrecy oaths, because the Sapphire Guard is not secret? I've always interpreted them as being more like the CIA—they're known to exist, and people know more or less what they do (kinda hard to hide the uniformed paladins regularly riding out into the countryside), but the details are classified.
I would ordinarily incline to agree, but I seem to recall(?) there's a panel in HTPGHS where Hinjo remarks with surprise that the SG really turn out to exist (because, for some unknown reason, Gin-Jun has to yell the name of the organisation out loud while he's conducting clandestine raiding operations in foreign territories.)