View Single Post

Thread: What's your favorite headcanon?

1. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
    The problem is that she's in love with someone else (however mistaken she's about that dude) and the trolls pressure her into dating their adopted kid without any respect for what she wants.
    That's creepy. Take it out of the context of who the two guys are, and you'll see that quite clearly.

Also, while some men might improve minor details like their personal hygiene or fashion sense when they start dating, that's not something anyone ever should rely on. If I am not mistaken, the term the trolls use to describe him is one you'd use for a house or car that's completely unusable unless you fix it.

Singing a song of how he's totally a great guy despite being a bit grumpy, okay. Them trying to not-so-subtly advertise for him could be played for comedy.

Pushing her (and him) into a full roleplay of marriage while singing about how she will have to change him ... creepy.

Seeing as they CAN change people's memories, the theory that they interfered with magic to make their preferred ship happen isn't so far off.
    It's been quite a while since I've seen the movie, but IIRC, they aren't aware Anna likes another guy at that point. They saw their son introduce them to a girl and got over-excited (understansable, considering 90% of his social life up to that point was being BFF with a moose).

Sure... The song eventually blows things out of proportion... This is Disney! Of course it does! Every song grows larger than life while it's on-screen. Specially in more recent movies.

They use the term "fixer-upper" because it makes the song sound better and works with the word play of "fixing them up with each other". I don't think it's meant to convey the idea that their son is such a horrible person that he needs to be remade from scratch. It's just their way of saying "He's brave, loyal, kind, etc... But he kinda smells like a moose and is somewhat socially inept".

And the theory of "they changed her mind" could make sense... But it's obviously not what happened. This ia Disney... Not Grim-Dark-Fantasy-show. It's just a fan theory that could possibly fit the story, but obviously isn't what happened canonically.

It's a particularly silly Disney song performed by particularly silly charactera. It's not meant to be taken so serious. It's just a funny, cutesy scene that helps two protatonists grow closer.

Otherwise is like complaining about Simba excitedly singing a joyful song that basically amounts to "I can't wait for my dad to die!". Sure... You can see it that way, and come up with all sorts of fitting theories as to why Simba is actuallt evil or something... But that really isn't the point.

I think with the advent of internet cynism and collective over-analysis, it's easy to forget that sometimes things are just meant to be light-hearted and taken at face-value.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-03-24 at 10:38 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff: