View Single Post

Thread: Home 24: A house in this market?

1. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[Underside]

"It is nice to be appreciated," says a... very small lady archivist with broad ears. "People just come here to get their new kids chiselled into the stone, or mark a marriage between two families, or to argue if their famous ancestor was really theirs."

"Bringing alcohol into the archives is highly irregular."

"Oh, don't get hung up on that. This isn't our alcohol, it's from a different culture. Do you want us to be snobs and disrespect his customs?"

"Let's have a taste before we start arguing, shall we? It's not like you and the other curmudgeons have much of a leg to stand on after we wrote little... uh..."

"Tuskfang."

"Tuskfang, yes, into the archive. Unless you want to argue about the shape of their faces."

"That kid at least mostly looked like a goblin..." the reluctant archivist grumbles, but he seems to realize he's outnumbered and disadvantaged by the offer of alcohol.

An archivist in a simpler robe approaches Cheasadh, Brinika and their parents, a piece of paper in hand.

"So, uh... while that is going on, I'm going to need you to state affirmatively and declaratively that you want to enter the family of Rapnuk Sneergrim-Quartzcrush-Trollfinger-Hacknee-Rocksprout and Tralka Trollfingter-Mossdeep-Sneergrim-Rubynose-Deepstep." He scratches his ear. "And I'm told that the precedent is to incorporate the naming traditions of a non-goblin entering a goblin family on a case-by-case basis, so I hope the higher-ups don't get drunk too quickly, because I need them for that."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-03-25 at 04:15 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.