View Single Post

Thread: Empires!4 Event- Matters of Faith

1. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Empires!4 Event- Matters of Faith

The Wedding, Regno's Arrival

Magi Armis reviewed and filled out the document for the Harbor Master, even as he looked at the councilman. Asking them both, the delegate from Regno said, "So I take it you disagreed with your countrymen during Regno's War on Two Fronts?"

Private Banquet

"Spirit Isknvald, I am Magi Armis, of Family Petram, Son of Dulce and Laetus." Armis rose calmly, not at all shaken by what had been transpiring. More, if anything, Armis was privately worried about what Aeshma would do if things escalated or the wrong answers were given. There was a great deal of sense in what Amham's Duke and Yondar's King were asking; beings of great power had risen before, but to call them gods? Even if they were asking permission first? It was hard for Armis to accept. He was fairly sure Isknvald could sense that too, so the important question that the Magi of Regno had finally broke his silence.

"What of those of us whom do not convince your... patron Digits? You say that you will be loyal, and true, to those whom honor you. Partners to them. Regno can understand this. Yet, if Whern were to lean in the direction of adding your ascension to godhood to - for the purpose of this example - Jalyeong-bo. Would the rest of us continue to suffer this Long Night?"

Magi Armis turned to the assembled guests and the host, "I cannot - nor will not - deny that the Sultanate had a hand in the slaying of 'Gxe'dhok. She was a powerful creature, whom some called a god, that had gone too far. Initia is not meant to be used for the continued persecution and destruction of entire nations, and could not support an Aspect - or even a part of an Aspect - that willingly brought destruction like 'Gxe'dhok did. Or like the Long Winter continues to threaten to do, without the proper preparation and resources. Resources that are growing slimmer and slimmer, even as the Long Night grows longer, stronger, and spreads further."

"So, to the assembled here, are we petitioning for this... Spirit-soon-god to stop the Long Winter, once and for all, for everyone... or only for those privileged to be selected by our hosts and Isknvald? I know where Regno stands on that question."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-03-26 at 12:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself